**Important: Every week the surgery has many non attended appointments. If you are unable to make an appointment please telephone reception in time for your booking to be offered to another patient.
- Monday to Friday 09.00 - 11.00
- Afternoon sessions are available 13.30 - 15.30 and 16.00 - 17:50
Seeing a Doctor
You may see any doctor in the practice. However, it is preferable to see one doctor consistently for any single period of illness. Surgeries are by appointment, which can be made personally, or by telephoning 01708 775300.
If you feel you have a genuinely urgent medical problem for which advice or treatment will not wait until the next available appointment, arrangements will be made for you to see a doctor or nurse on that day. However, you are unlikely to see the doctor of your choice.
Please inform us as soon as possible if for any reason you cannot keep an appointment.
If an adult patient fails to attend a pre-booked appointment on more than one occasion in a period of 12 months, an informal warning letter along with the practice policy will be sent to the patient. If the patient fails to attend a second appointment in the same 12 months, a second letter will be sent, advising them that a further occurrence could risk removal from the practice.
If the patient fails to attend a third appointment, the matter will be discussed with one of the partners as to whether the patient will be removed from the practice list. In which case a formal warning letter will be issued.
Warning letters are valid for a period of 12 months. Removal based on warnings greater than 12 months old will be invalid – in this case a further formal warning and period of grace will be required.
Please note! Adult patients arriving more than 10 minutes late for pre-booked appointments will not be seen and will need to make another appointment.
Our telephone lines are very busy between 11am-2pm and we suggest, where possible, that you ring between 2pm-6pm when our telephones are less busy.
Practice nurse surgeries are run daily by appointment between: 09.00-10.45 & 16.00-18.00 each appointiont has a duration of 10 minutes.
Chaperones are available on request.
Please speak to a receptionist if you would like one. Doctors conducting intimate examinations will usually suggest and arrange for a chaperone to be present
Telephone Number: 01708 775300
Doctor and Nurse consultations are booked appointments for a duration of 10 minutes and can be booked by telephoning 01708 775300.
You can use this system to check or cancel an appointment, regardless of the method used to book it. When you telephone the surgery, select the option for the automated booking service and then follow the simple instructions. When the surgery is open choose OPTION 2. When the surgery is closed choose OPTION 3
Cancelling Appointments: Please inform us as soon as possible if for any reason you cannot keep an appointment.
Please note patients late for their appointments may not be seen and will need to make another appointment.
Making the best use of your doctor's appointment
Your time with your doctor or nurse is precious and we would like to help you make the most of it. Please try to choose the most suitable person to help deal with the problem.
We all like to see our 'own doctor' but there are many other people to choose from, particularly when there is a 2 or 3 week wait to see a particular doctor. All doctors and nurses have access to your notes on the computer so if you have seen one doctor the others will be able to understand what has happened. If you can't see one doctor then another may well be able to help you.
Please remember that as well as the seven partners we employ two highly skilled GPs and four extremely competent GP registrars who can help you.
The practice nurses are skilled at providing many of the services that were traditionally provided by doctors. If you need, for example, a blood pressure check or a repeat prescription for the contraceptive pill a nurse may be able to do this for you.
Please consider asking the receptionist to guide you to an appropriate professional.
On the day of the appointment
If you cannot make it, or find yourself late, then please try to call. If we can reschedule your appointment we can offer the slot to someone else and find an appropriate time for you to come.
During the appointment please bear in mind the following.
- For each surgery the doctors are booked, in advance, to see 12 patients at 10 minute intervals over 2 hours.
- They then see people at 5 minute intervals for 'book on the day' emergency problems.
- 10 minutes is long enough to deal with most single problems but it becomes hard to deal, efficiently, with 3 or 4 problems. It helps, if you have more than one problem, to write down a list and decide your priorities. The doctor may need to deal with some of them over the course of several appointments.
- The 5 minute appointments are designed to deal with a single emergency problem. We have to leave it up to you, the patient, to decide what constitutes an emergency but it should be something that you think cannot wait for a couple of days. These emergency appointments are shared out between the available doctors and we cannot guarantee which doctor you will see.
- The doctors do try to run to time but the nature of the work means that occasionally we will be delayed. We will try to keep you informed if this happens. Please try to be patient with us.